boom3

Well Known Member
I've started working on my spinner and would like to install my Sensenich fixed prop for the first time. Piece of cake right?:rolleyes:

Just to confirm,

My IO-360 crank has a black "0" next to one of the more recessed prop bolt holes on the flange.

The starter ring has a stamped "0" next to one of the holes.

The Sensenich 2 1/4" spacer has a "1" stamped on the side next to one of the holes.

The prop really doesn't have anything but can only go on 2 ways. One or the other blade lines up with the said marks. There is a "T" stamped near the transition from the center to one blade, but it doesn't really line up with the marks.

Line up everything and bolt it on??

Also the prop spacer studs that go into the prop are very snug. When I sandwich the spinner backplate between them I'm thinking it'll be real tough to get them back apart.

What's the best way to install the spacer to the prop since it's so tight? Slowly tighten each prop bolt a little at a time? What's the best way to seperate the spacer and prop again if you want to get the spinner backplate out?

Thanks!

Spacer pins are drive fit

The spacer pins that go into the back of the prop are a drive fit and installation is explained in the sensenich documentation, basically you use a 5 lb hammer and blocks of wood to fit it into the prop with the spinner backing plate sandwiched between them. Supposedly you reverse the process with a pin punch to remove the spacer but I just tried to do this (sold the prop and wanted to disassemble for packing) and gave up as I could not get the spacer to move evenly. I would suggest you fit the spinner and backing plate etc to the prop before you mount the spacer as it is easier to work that way than when the backing plate and spacer is assembled.

Ya I did some "tapping" with a block of wood and a 5lb hammer this morning. (Had to be quiet at 4:30am ;))

It's gonna take more than "tapping" and in my opinion it isn't coming back apart. I'd really like to fit my spinner with the backplate sandwiched since it isn't perfect. (The usual factory deformations from punching and stamping the backplate)

Have others successfully drilled and installed nutplates without ever taking it back apart?

Sheese nothing is ever easy.