vinzer

Well Known Member
Hello All!

First time Osh visitor here. Plan to drive in our small camper VAN there and stay for the week with my kids.
The plan is to get to camp scholler and get the spot where generators are allowed. Likely we will have a spot with no connections like water/electricity since our camper VAN only has electricity input so paying $70-80 per day just for 110V is a waste.

So here are couple of questions which you likely can answer for me please:

1. Is there any spot where I can refill the water in my camper VAN ? Something with garden hose like connection (threaded) so I can pump water in to my tank.
Is that water from the city supply (already with chlorine) or from the well ?
Is that at cost or free service ?

2. In the 'generator allowed' designated part of the scholler does it matter if I run generator only or if sometimes I also run my diesel engine (have AC and stove to run occasionally ?

3. Is there any spot where I can dump my gray water directly from VAN and black tank from portapotty ?
Do I need a connectors/hoses to dump gray water or I can do it at the spot by driving over and dumping ? My current setup is a simple hose from gray tank with the valve under vehicle.
Black tank is portapotty so it needs to go to toilet or designated place.

4. Anyone who already booked a spot with all supplies (electricity/water) at Osh and may have some extra space and willing to let Mercedes Sprinter size van on the spot with just 110V electricity connection - I will be happy to share costs with you. We only need electricity (for air-conditioned and probably some cooking).

5. How leveled the surface at the camp scholler is ? We do not have special leveling equipment for VAN so need a flat spot to stay leveled.

Thank you for your answers.
Vlad

1. You should able to hook into water at the shower buildings or one of the camp stores and pretty sure all the water is city water vs well. No cost as far as I know.
2. The only demarcation for generator operations is the 24hr area vs the rest of Scholler that has a generator curfew 10:30pm to 6:30am. As for just running your vans engine, technically Scholler quiet hours start at 10:30 pm so I guess it just depends on how quiet it is and how sensitive your neighbors are.
3. Scholler has a dump station—it’s annotated on the map. https://www.eaa.org/-/media/files/a...alsordercampschollermap85x11qty1500final.ashx
4. Good luck
5. Generally it’s pretty flat so leveling shouldn’t be an issue.

Last edited:
Near the exit is a dump station and they have drinking water there as well. It is a small donation.

For a moderate charge you can get your tanks pumped and water refilled.

You will be fine running your generator or engine as long as you are in the 24hr generator area.

The dump station is typical what you find at a campground.

Good luck sharing a site. The ones with water and electric are pretty tight.

Most of the campground is flat. You can pick your spot.

I camped out with a tent next to my mini van for about 5 years in a row. As you described, your van, you should be pretty well self contained. As mentioned there are quiet hours in the camping area. If you want to run your generator all night. You probably don’t want the straight camping Area.

There is fresh water, showers and porta-potty's within walking distance. I don’t have direct knowledge of pumping out sewage.

They have a little mini market, or at least they did when I stayed there. Like any camping, I’d plan on bringing everything I’d need for the week.

What are the rules for bicycles?
Authorized throughout Scholler - in fact highly recommended depending where you're at because it can be a long walk from the West side to the gates or even the camp stores. However, you have to park them at the gates as you can't take them into the show. There's a big bike corral outside the fence just south of Hangars B & D. We fly up with foldable e-bikes in our RV-10 and ride them from our Sleepy Hollow campsite and lock them to the fence next to the gate by the Bus Park.

Authorized throughout Scholler - in fact highly recommended depending where you're at because it can be a long walk from the West side to the gates or even the camp stores. However, you have to park them at the gates as you can't take them into the show. There's a big bike corral outside the fence just south of Hangars B & D. We fly up with foldable e-bikes in our RV-10 and ride them from our Sleepy Hollow campsite and lock them to the fence next to the gate by the Bus Park.
Thank you, Todd. Now I understand the south gate bike farm. Great advice!