GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
Does anyone have a source for SS 100 degree countersunk washers for a #4
screw? The usual vendors only go down to a #6 screw.

Thanks and have a safe holiday,

Gary Kremers

N715AB

McMaster.com

If this is what you are looking for:

92921ac1l.gif

then try part number 98466A005 at McMaster.com. It does not say that it is 100 degree, but with a screw that size, it really should not make much difference.

#4 Washers

Check with Cleveland tool. They make a wing tip kit with the 4-40 stuff. If you are going to use them for the tips definitely reconsider. I had mine done with #4's and CS washers and I didn't like it. I took a couple of hours and drilled all the #4 nutplates out and used #6 hardware with Tinnerman washers. Looks much better and much easier to use.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ
RV7 flying

Countersunk wahsers

I bought mine at Freeman Aviation, Griffin, GA. Also B&B aircraft supplies, in Ks.
T88

#4 is small

I used #4 on the wing tips, they came out great. After 100 hours I've decided to install a second comm antenna under the fuselage. The Bob Archer wingtip comm is marginal, 10 to 15 miles but that's about it. Instead of leaving the antenna and RG400 in the wing I started to remove the wing tip. The paint around the screw heads started to crack slightly. Before removing any more I just wanted to see if #4 100 degree countersunk washer were available. It's not a huge big deal just trying to locate them if nessesary.

McMaster doesn't have the type I'm looking for.

Gary

#4 screws

I forgot to mention the #4 screws I'm using have a torx head. Much easier to install. In fact all the inspection plates, fairings, wing root, et. have Torx heads.

Gary

Torx

GaryK said:
I forgot to mention the #4 screws I'm using have a torx head. Much easier to install. In fact all the inspection plates, fairings, wing root, et. have Torx heads.
Torx screws are great. I bought a bunch from Micro Fasteners in NJ, and use them everywhere I can. So much nicer than phillips.

#4 countersink washers

Aircraft Spruce has #4 countersink washers if you look hard enough. They are $1.15 EACH!!!!
Mark
Flying -6