12vaitor

Well Known Member
I flew an SLSA RV-12 this past weekend and noticed the rivets on the F-1234-L/R canopy decks were all countersunk, making a nice flush surface. I went back and looked at the plans to see if I had missed countersinking the longerons after match drilling the F-1234 canopy deck, as well as dimpling the F-1234. The latest 23-04 does not mention anything about countersinking/dimpling/CS and just calls for LP-4-3 rivets (the way I built it).

Not sure if this is going to make it to the ESLA version, but if you are building EAB you might want to take a look at an SLSA RV-12 to see if you want to duplicate the CS design.

BTW, the fit and finish on the SLSA RV-12 is outstanding. Only downer was getting bit hard by the flap handle button, hard to think about flying the plane when you are trying to extricate your hand from the flap handle. Glad I modified mine to eliminate the chopper.

John Salak
RV-12 #120116/N896HS

Flush Rivets

Another advantage of EAB

I used flush rivets came out great

I will take a photo and post it

Joe Dallas

I flew an SLSA RV-12 this past weekend and noticed the rivets on the F-1234-L/R canopy decks were all countersunk, making a nice flush surface. I went back and looked at the plans to see if I had missed countersinking the longerons after match drilling the F-1234 canopy deck, as well as dimpling the F-1234. The latest 23-04 does not mention anything about countersinking/dimpling/CS and just calls for LP-4-3 rivets (the way I built it).

Not sure if this is going to make it to the ESLA version, but if you are building EAB you might want to take a look at an SLSA RV-12 to see if you want to duplicate the CS design.

BTW, the fit and finish on the SLSA RV-12 is outstanding. Only downer was getting bit hard by the flap handle button, hard to think about flying the plane when you are trying to extricate your hand from the flap handle. Glad I modified mine to eliminate the chopper.

John Salak
RV-12 #120116/N896HS

Last edited: