douglassmt

Well Known Member
I just bought this nifty inspection camera at the aviation department at Costco:

http://www.whistlergroup.com/onlinestore/wic/wic-3509p.asp

I haven't used it yet but it has several cool features and the price is good: $149.95

Doesn't show up at Costco.com so it may just be in stores. Walmart.com has it for the same price except my model is IC-3409PX.

I'll give a pirep after I've given it some use.

Last edited:
Camera

Looks very neat and potentially useful. How's the resolution? Can think of lots of places to stick the business end which could be enlightening in our airplanes.

Harbor Freight?

This unit looks suspiciously like the model sold by HF, sometimes for $79.99. The HF model is orange in color, but has the same detachable wireless color screen and video-out jack. It works pretty good, but does not have a close-up lens for loooking at valves inside a cylinder.

Ok

The resolution is good, but not hd, on the monitor. It might be better on the recorded pics or video when played on an hd monitor, but I haven't tried that yet. It's got 4 little led kites on the tip, dimmable, so the lighting is decent. Easily fits in a spark plug hole. Comes with a 30" scope Plus a 30" extension. Should be able to reach anywhere in the airplane.

Might be able to use it for colonoscopies on the side...

You sure could use it to check your heat muff from inside the exhaust pipe. My muff is a bear to remove!!

I bought the Harbor Freight one, and have been quite satisfied with it. Found all sorts of stuff that had fallen down inside my build that I had no idea was there.