Juicegoose

Well Known Member
Guys I'm flying with a set of Serengeti's right now and they do okay but I love the clarity the Costa Del Mars give on the water. They have polarized lenses which has kept me from buying some myself. So lets hear it. Have you flown with Costa Del Mar sunglasses and has the polarization effected your ability to see avionics? Also which color lenses are you flying with.

Thanks.

Yes, blue 580 lenses - see my avatar picture. No problems seeing my round instruments and their needles. :D No problems either with my little 396 or the G1000 screens in my father-in-law's Mooney.

Last edited:
Not Costa Del Mar, but I fly with a pair of polarized Oakleys and I've never had an issue with avionics, including 430s/530s and I think some GRT EFISes. My iPad is a different matter, though- I can only see it in landscape orientation... course that may or may not matter to you.

I don't own an ipad but am considering one for my instrument rating which i'm going for. My bigger concern is that the serengeti's kind of blur my vision. Not a whole lot but just enough that sometimes while i'm driving I find myself looking over the sunglasses to bette read a road sign.

I was thinking of the 580 glass lense Costa's