prkaye

Well Known Member
I don't want to get flamed for asking this... forgive me if this is a brutal idea.
I have only been priming my mating surfaces (rattle-can self-etching primer) and places where I drill or cut and the alcad gets broken. I do NOT want to get into a debate now about this decision... it's been made.

Anyway, now I'm looking at my wings (bottom skins still off) and wondering to myself if it would be prudent to spray a wee bit of that CorrosionX stuff in there before closing them up. A light misting over the insides of the skins.

Is there any reason why this would be a BAD idea? Concerns:

1) could the stuff seep out through joints and get under the final paint-job, causing problems?

2) how heavy is the stuff?

Not before paint

Based on having my 150 fogged a few times, I think there is an excellent chance it will bleed out as a normal part of the process. I'd wait until after paint.

I had a 172 done, I second that it will definitely continue to weep out for a while after application. I've heard some paint shops won't paint a plane within several months after CorrosionX.

The Mfr. states 7.0 lbs./gal and shows test results for a coating 0.15 mils thick. My crude calculations show that would be about 0.006 lbs. per sq. ft. covered at that thickness.

Wipe down the surfaces with a oiled corrosion x rag. This will apply the minimum coating and will not seep through if applied correctly.
Just a idea
icon6.gif