ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi.

We're about to connect pitot and static lines to the AFS-4500, and to do that, we need two straight connectors.
In Vans static kit, there are only angled connectors and we can't use them.

Therefore: does any of you know the correct type so I can place an order with Spruce for example?

Here's a pic of the holes in the 4500:

Thanks. :)

Hi All, I would suggest if using the safeair type connectors that you get the cutter for the line as well. It is very important to cut the line straight, almost impossible with a razor blade. The cutter is very inexpensive from Stein. Larry

Hi All, I would suggest if using the safeair type connectors that you get the cutter for the line as well. It is very important to cut the line straight, almost impossible with a razor blade. The cutter is very inexpensive from Stein. Larry

I second this. Yes, you can do it with a razor knife, but for a few bucks, you can make a quick cut without any effort. (added words to meet minimum),

Thanks...

... for the replies guys, but it wasn't quite what I had in mind. On my first -7, we used a connector looking like this:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/04-00832.php

We also used a piece of the clear plastic tubing which came with the static kit from Vans.
We put one end of the clear plastic tube on the outside of the static line and put the other end of the clear plastic tube on the outside of the connector.

That kind of connection is more flexible than letting the static line go directly into the 4500.

The big question is what kind of treads in the AFS-4500? 3/8 inch or 1/4 inch maybe?

Thanks again.

If you're gonna use a barb fitting there is no reason to order them online and pay for shipping, they can usually be had at the aviation department in any Ace Hardware (look under the refrigerator ice maker/plumbing area), Home Depot or the like...usually less than paying for the fitting AND the shipping! :)

Just my 2 cents as usual, and as others have said make sure you get the right threads... 1/8" pipe thread is the norm...

Cheers,
Stein

Thanks guys.

I'll look around here and see what I can find.
The problem is that most thing over here are in metric, so I think at the end, I've to order from the US anyway.

Seems like the connections from Stein Air is the best sollution.