Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
The new (to me) RV-10 has an IO-540-C4B5 from a piper twin. The current starter ring support has slip rings and slinger holes for electric prop heat and de-ice fluid. It appears extremely heavy and will interfere with planned electronic ignition install. It looks like lightly used or NOS ring gear assemblies (149t) are pretty easy to come by, but I don't know what all of the subtle differences are. Would P/N 72245 work? What about 74329. It looks like that latter has de-ice slinger holes. Any help would be appreciated.

The new (to me) RV-10 has an IO-540-C4B5 from a piper twin. The current starter ring support has slip rings and slinger holes for electric prop heat and de-ice fluid. It appears extremely heavy and will interfere with planned electronic ignition install. It looks like lightly used or NOS ring gear assemblies (149t) are pretty easy to come by, but I don't know what all of the subtle differences are. Would P/N 72245 work? What about 74329. It looks like that latter has de-ice slinger holes. Any help would be appreciated.

Van's ships a LW-12227 on their OEM engines. It has an alternator alignment issue. You can read about it here.

I believe the previous single belted part was LW-16471, but I'm not 100% sure. My docs are at home to validate the part number.

I can't comment about how to deal with your specific situation, since I'm not familiar with those parts.