Phyrcooler

Well Known Member
Any of our VAF'ers make it to Copperstate?

I had planned to drive out there early this AM - really hoping to be able to get a side-by-side FLYING comparison of the RV-12, S-19 as well as the Lightning. Unfortunately - with all the fires we've had here in SoCal - myself and all staff are on what we call a "staffing pattern" - held on duty until everything is put to bed. :( Extremely disappointing... but compared to those who have experienced loss in this fire... I have no right to complain.

Any updates (especially from the to-long-quiet VAN'S folks) or reports (Pictures!!!!!) from any of the rest of the gang would sure be appreciated.

DJ

CopperState

Busy yesterday, very quiet to-day... most folks had left by noon (if they didn't leave on Saturday...:)...)

Van had his RV-10 there and a RV-7 - but no RV-12.

gil A

Friday at Copperstate

Attended all day Friday, only. Light attendance, a number of nice RV's parked on the ramp. Attended the Stewart Systems paint forum, was impressed. :cool: In the main display tent, the AVEO display was, to be charitable, very disappointing! No product, no brochures. A complete turn-off for me. :( As usual, the people were all very friendly!!:)

Pete,

Could you elaborate on the Stewart Systems forum? I'm thinking about using their paint.

Mike Bell

Stewart System Paint

Sent you an email. Otherwise I'd be given a ticket for the dreaded Thread Drift.:rolleyes:

I was a bit disappointed- I found the flyin to be disorganized, single shower trailer located way too far from the camping area, forums/workshops so-so, the weather too hot with no shade, no air show, very limited war bird representation.

The high points for me: learned to tig weld, learned aluminum can be welded with mig very nicely. and got to see/hold the roto max rotary engine (one rotor version is quite light).