E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Any 12 builders or flyers going to the Copper State Fly In next week? I notice that it scheduled for Thrusday thru Saturday. Just askin!

I live just south of there in Tucson. I will be up with a couple of other aircraft Friday morning by 0800 hrs until about 1200 hrs.

Anybody seen the Arrival Procedure NOTAM? I might show up late Saturday morning, but I haven't decided yet. Past times home builts got stuck parking in the dirt and there were too many fingers poking around things by non-aviation people.

No NOTAM

There is no NOTAM. There will be no tower this year so it functions as it does normally. 45-downwind-base-final position calls. See Copperstate website for more info. BE VERY CAREFUL when approaching/departing with all that traffic in pattern and area!

Intending to go, not sure yet which day(s), but leaning toward Fri/Sat am. Still building, so will have to (sigh!) drive there. Penance, dues, whatever.

Anybody seen the Arrival Procedure NOTAM? I might show up late Saturday morning, but I haven't decided yet. Past times home builts got stuck parking in the dirt and there were too many fingers poking around things by non-aviation people.

Just to clarify... If you arrive later on Saturday, after primary parking areas have possibly filled up, You may end up parking in a less optimal location regardless of what you are flying. It is nothing specific to homebuilts....

Signed - Former (17+ years ago) vice chairman of the fly-in (I don't imagine it has changed much from back then)

VIKING at Copperstate

Jan Egenfellner is planning to be there with a modified Zenith 750 sporting his latest: a VIKING/HONDA with turbo and intercooler. He made it from southern Florida to Waco TX in one day yesterday. Will probably make Tucson today. Worth taking a look at, I think. I'm putting the non-turbo VIKING on my -12 as we speak!