Walt

Well Known Member
Going to Copperstate this year for the first time and wondering just what to expect, is there enough to keep you busy for 1 day, 2 days, more, less?

Just thinking about options as I would like to go up and hang out at Sedona for a day (we got married there) but that kinda depends on how much time I should allow for copperstate.

Have you checked out the website at http://www.copperstate.org/csj/? They have a pretty good list of what to see and do, but it probably depends on how long one spends looking at vendors and displays. I plan to go down for the day and look around. It will be my first time going to a Fly-In.

If you get bored Walt and want to spend a day helping me replace the weldments in my RV-4, just let me know. I'd hate for you to be bored on your trip to AZ. :D (just kidding)

half day

I think it's the economy, but the vender hangar gets thinner every year. Unless you're going to spend a lot of time looking at planes, a half day will do. Don't miss Sedona though. FYI the Airport resteraunt at Sedona is closed for rebuilding. Payson has a nice place on field, and it's kinda on the way between Sedona and Casa Grande.

Our experience

We have flown into Copperstate the last several years for a one day visit. We have arrived on Sat around 9am and left around 4pm. I have enjoyed these visits and am disappointed that we are not able to make it this year. In my opinion, that was enough time to see everything, visit with others, have lunch, and see all the airplanes on the ramp. We have not attended forums, so if those are of interest, plan on more time.

Planning for a day is about right.

I'll be doing a forum and exhibiting as well. Unfortunately not much time to get out and look around.