Ron B.

Well Known Member
For my Canadian comrades, I see the COPA insurance questionare for their Silver Wings policies asks if you plan to attend (1) Oshkosh , (2) Sun & Fun and (3) COPA convention.
I'm wandering if there is an additional premium if you were. I plan to click off Airventure because we are thinking of making the treck. I've flown from Nova Scotia to Appleton and then rented a car and drove to Oshkosh, as a passenger in a 172, but that was probably 20 years ago. The trip next year depends on a lot of things, am I planning on going to Oshkosh? , as the questionare asks ? , No. Is there a possibility I will take our New Rv-10 to Oshkosh next year?, Yes.
I don't know what there intention are for the question.
Ron

You could call and ask. Post up once you know their answer. *At this time* I don't plan to fly to any of those events. I may change my mind as the dates approach, but unless there's something in my policy that requires me to inform them that i've changed my mind, I won't.

[update] My renewal email came in today, and my renewal also has the same question.

Last edited:
I'd be suprised if they would up your premium because you intend on attending these events. it's probably just a survey. But let us know all the same.

Another question:

Does anyone know what the cost is for the Formation Flying Endorsement? The stock policy without the endorsement covers non-aerobatic formation flying as long as it's not for display purposes, but allows "ceremonial" formation flights (ie. Remembrance Day). The Formation Flying Endorsement doesn't allow formation aerobatics, so does anyone really know what it adds? Now that i'm FAST certified i'm wondering if this endorsement is mandatory when the stock coverage seems to cover me already.

Got my responce from Marsh. They said the underwriter was interested which events their clients were attending and no premium difference.