RV7AAAAAAA

Hello everyone -
I recently took a few photos of my friend's RV8 and would like to share them with you.
The builder/owner is Mike Talovich. Mike has never posted on VAF before but I know he is lurking out there!
Now most of you are probably thinking how much nicer his RV would look with a nose gear. But he likes the taildragger look. So don't tease him.
Mike likes to remind me that he built his plane before the snap together RV kits were available. (Like mine).
I think he said he had to make his own clecos from scratch or something like that.
BTW this beauty was built in the $40,000.00 range.
Anyway just havin' fun here :)
Jim Kirks
working on 7A fuse
0320 @ BPA Thanks again Allan

The wife, who is a real fan of North American P-51's, would even give up side by side seating for the P-51 paint scheme of an 8. Then I could have my left hand throttle quadrant and right hand stick!

But, as time and money is, I'll stick with the 6A.

L.Adamson

Nice pics, thanks for the desktop.

The tandem RV's really stand out. I've been trying to think of a non-military mass produced metal tandem low wing tailwagger. There must be several but all I can think of is the Chipmunk.

Bartman said:
nose wheel...traing wheel, same same

Disagree - Anybody can land a taildragger. But landing an airplane where the nose gear can collapse at any moment, well now, that separates the men from the boys. :D :)

Jim

Charlie Echo said:
Nice pics, thanks for the desktop.

The tandem RV's really stand out. I've been trying to think of a non-military mass produced metal tandem low wing tailwagger. There must be several but all I can think of is the Chipmunk.

As far as I know, the Chipmunk was a British, military, primary trainer. Not sure if it was ever produced as a civilian aircraft.

I think the Varga Kachina was made with a taildragger option, but that only a handfull of these were made (or was this just an STC?).

There's also the Extra 300 and the Ryan STA (along with other golden age aircraft that don't come to mind right now).

Brad