TX7A

Well Known Member
If this has been discussed, I misssed it
This pic came emailed to me in one of those random slideshows about aircraft. It was mostly commercial A/C and then this pic came up to my surprise. I've never seen it before & thought it was pretty cool. (...or could have been photoshopped??) I'm sure someone here has the story on it.

rv6c.jpg

I love how the pilot (left seat) refuses to let go of the stick even though the passenger is flying. I'm the same way. Great photo though.

Dont think it is photoshopped, both of them are looking up at the camera. Also, depth of field is correct for the shot.

My new desktop background for sure.:D

Last edited:
I love how the pilot (left seat) refuses to let go of the stick even though the passenger is flying. I'm the same way. Great photo though.

Hey Sid, I caught that too. However, I thought that's why it was a little "fishy" since both had ahold of the stick. But, I understand what you mean about relenquishing "full control" . :D

It's from the calendar.

I believe that was the cover shot from a Van's Aircraft calendar a few years back...

I believe that was the cover shot from a Van's Aircraft calendar a few years back...

Yep, it was. The RV flew under the photo ship for the picture. The door of the photo ship was removed and the photographer simply snapped the picture. IIRC

("Simply" meaning leaned out the open door with balls of steel and snapped the picture.)

I never turn over full control of my "control" stick unless it is to another RV pilot...nothing fishy about that.

"control" was added above to prevent confusion...:p

Check out Buck's avatar....must have been another -6 flying overhead INVERTED.

That's the story I like...

Glenn Wilkinson

Notice the difference in stick grip between the pilot and passenger? Nevermind..already mentioned.

Notice shoulder room.