cpt6pack

I'm New Here
Hi guys. Im driving a '93 RV-4 with the long cowl and a fixed pitch prop. Problem is my cylinders never get over 275 deg f. It has the stock vans baffles that obviously work well. Too well. Anybody run into this, and how did you correct it? Thanks.
Chris

Sure your instrumentation is correct? I'd test the CHT probes and indicaters to make sure they are accurate before "breaking" part of the cooling system.

After that the most obvious fix is to reduce the frontal intake of the system. This could be accomplished by cutting out some foam in the shape you want your inlets to be, and glass it onto the bottom of the inlets, remove a couple square inches at a time MAX untill you find a temperature that works for you.

You could also reduce size or effect of the exit air path on the bottom, but I'd go with frontal area first.

Are you using the ring-type pickups, or the bayonet type. Apparently it makes a HUGE diffenence in readings. I have the bayonet types into the RockyMountain MicroMonitor. -4 with f/p Sensenich. Great CHT's.

Jeff