RickWoodall

Well Known Member
I am trying to find a modular panel to use in a tip up 9. Any one have a good source?

To replace the crummy plastic vents is Stein as good as anybody, and are the larger vents the way to go if one lives in a hot climate?

Last edited:
Stein's aluminum vents are hard to beat price-wise and don't leak any air. I installed the large ones. When fully opened at taxi speeds, they allow about the right amount of air in. At flying speeds, they blow too much air when opened fully. .

but now i need to find a panel

Thanks, the stein large vents will fit the bill.
BUT, now that affordable panels is gone tu, i need a source for a nice modular, possibly composite panel. Someone has to know who is making a nice unit. Thanks

New panels coming !

I was at the Oakdale EAA chapter's meeting this morning, and there's a company there at the airport working on a composite modular panel. I got the impression it would be ready for production very soon. Hopefully we'll hear from him here on this forum shortly.

Right Keith?
;)

Modular Panels

Speak to Stein, mine was made by Brian Sinkbeil here in Oregon, Stein had the inserts laser cut for me.

Now those are HOT

Of all the ways to spend a few bucks, those modular panels are AWESOME. I started off having my eye on Mike Schippers, and some of the pics, and links you folks have sent are great. Now i just have to find out what they cost. Ha.
BUT, they make sense being modular, they look WAY cool, and as long as i dont show the wife the bill....all will be good. :rolleyes: