FlyingArcher

Well Known Member
Hello,
Does anybody have some experience to report, positive or negative, about this company and their hangar doors.
I met them on their booth at Oshkosh and they looked fine to me and answered to my import request with a pretty attractive quote.
Now, I'm in the process of building a hangar here in France and before making them cross the ocean, I'd like to have some opinions from current users.
Many thanks in advance

Yes, I have them on my hangar. Last time I dealt with them was in 2004. Very responsive & co-operative. I have no complaints at all. Nice folks.

Cheers,

Cool-Air

I put one of their doors on my hangar this summer. It went together as advertised and works well. I believe it is a good value option. Plan on two people one week to assemble and hang the door. There were several places where I didn't understand the plans, but they always answered the phone promptly and were very helpful.
Jerry Folkerts

The third hangar down in this image on their web site is my hangar (the red barn hangar.

http://www.cool-airinc.com/products.html

It is an example of the the vertical bi-fold door.

I have replaced it with a Schweiss

http://www.hydraulicdoors.com/q-list.php?id=23

because I had a lot of difficulty with the bi-fold door with any wind.

The FoldTite door is a lot better than no door and reasonably priced, but it is no comparison to the Schweiss hydraulic door for usability. I am very pleased with it whereas I was always frustrated with the bi-fold unless it was calm. There were days I did not dare open it with 10 knots of wind.

You get what you pay for.

have a look

My Cousin runs this company - the door style is unique. No, my hangar was completed before he got involved with the company, dang it; I do not have one.

http://www.paraportdoor.com/

The hand-crank is a great feature.

Contact Dick Kiser at <DKiser@machinetoolandfab (dot) com>

I have the High-Fold (44' wide) which works nicely, even after an employee lowered the door on a garden tractor & bent it a fair amount. The mower survived, but the door has a permanent tweak. Arrrrrr....

Carry on!
Mark

Hello,
Does anybody have some experience to report, positive or negative, about this company and their hangar doors.
I met them on their booth at Oshkosh and they looked fine to me and answered to my import request with a pretty attractive quote.
Now, I'm in the process of building a hangar here in France and before making them cross the ocean, I'd like to have some opinions from current users.
Many thanks in advance

Check this business. Too late for me on this build, but would definitely be first choice next time.

http://www.hpdoors.com/

Door

The door I installed was the horizontal stacker. I've had no problems with wind because it is anchored at the top and bottom. You do have to open each panel so it is not as easy as pushing a button, but since I have to give my hangar away in 25 years, 4K was better than the other alternatives.
Jerry Folkerts

The door I installed was the horizontal stacker. I've had no problems with wind because it is anchored at the top and bottom. You do have to open each panel so it is not as easy as pushing a button, but since I have to give my hangar away in 25 years, 4K was better than the other alternatives.
Jerry Folkerts

Ditto Jerry, except mine slides around each side. It does not stack. The structure would not support a bi-fold door. This was my best option & they "saved the day" for me. The airport board would not let me build an outside sliding door structure. Turned out nicely; but not what I would have preferred. Look, this company provides one with options. I applaud & commend them. I'm reminded of the Rolling Stones song: "you can't always get what you want; but if you try, you might find, YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED!" :D:D:D. So now my trusty stead is tucked away nicely out of the elements. Thank you Cool Doors for being there in my time of need. I've moved on to other issues.

Cheers,