karlb123

I'm New Here
Hi Guys,

New member here so please go easy on me. In the UK and looking at the RV market and have eyes set on a RV6-A. My friend 4 years ago purchased a completed RV8 but despite my role in airworthiness for an airline and his RV8 ownership neither of us know the answer to the following question...

If this RV6-A is fitted with a 2 blade metal fixed pitch proper and a 160Hp LYCOMING O-320-H2AD...would it be mechanically possible to upgrade this to a CSU/VP prop system?

Thanks Guys

It's almost certain it will be a FP version only.

However, an MT electric prop should be able to do the job...

Buy one now while the Pound is high...:)

Thanks for your reply,

How do you know it would almost be a FP version only- does the engine type and following letters in LYCOMING O-320-H2AD indicate that? Sorry I am just trying to understand the basis of this :)

Thanks again will look at MT electric system

It's the uniqueness of the Series 76 engine that was made to be a "cheapie" for Cessna 172's.

My info comes from the latest Lycoming Illustrated Parts list for the "H" Series 76 O-320 models.

It does not have the usual accessory case that would house the prop governor and has none of the usual attachment locations due to the integrated single piece crankcase/accessory case casting. The -H models are quite unique in their construction, which is why they need a special engine mount from Vans.

Last edited: