jveatch

I'm thinking of buying an RV-12. If it is an S-LSA, is there a way I can convert it to E-LSA and take the 16 hour Repairman Course to be able to do the annual inspection?

I'm thinking of buying an RV-12. If it is an S-LSA, is there a way I can convert it to E-LSA and take the 16 hour Repairman Course to be able to do the annual inspection?

Yes you can.
It is a (for all practical purposes) a one way trip. Wont be able to be changed back.

YEP!!!

I do it all the time. Matter of fact, I'm doing one tomorrow.

Like Scott said, it is a one way street.
It is legal to go back, but only the factory can do it, and that is not likely to happen.

I had my non rv done several years ago and recently had it amended because the first guy was not as sharp as he could have been. It might not hurt to check around as me experience is not all fsdo and dar are equal.

I had my non rv done several years ago and recently had it amended because the first guy was not as sharp as he could have been. It might not hurt to check around as me experience is not all fsdo and dar are equal.

I have to agree with Jim. Many inspectors, FSDO and DARs, are not familiar with this particular process. I've even had to explain it to our local MIDO.