munimula

I'm New Here
Has anybody converted a RV6A to a RV6. What is involved? New engine mount? How much time involved. Anybody know the cost of such a conversion?

6A to 6?????

"You can do it, but WHY?!".............

Don't know for sure but I'd say your looking @ 50-100 hours and a couple a thousand bucks. Good Luck! (if you decide to do it)

Tommy
RV-6A, N 350 TW
462 hrs & "climbing!"

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, it has been done, to a -6, -7, & -9. Try doing a search, you will find a bunch of info.

I did a 9A to 9. It cost around $2k (new engine mount, main gear legs and tailwheel assembly) and took 4 days. A day to put the tailwheel in, 2 days to swap engine mount, reroute brake lines etc and a day to modify the spats.

Regards
David

Purchase old stuff depending upon time and availability

Has anybody converted a RV6A to a RV6. What is involved? New engine mount? How much time involved. Anybody know the cost of such a conversion?

Depending upon the condition of your existing gear, I might be interested in your engine mount and front landing gear. I'd have to test the mount for cracks and the front gear has to be the latest version.

Lemme know.

Conversion

I have a used engine mount and gear legs I would sell for have the price of Vans.

I just priced this, for new parts from Vans.
-New mount & main gear $1400
-Tail wheel kit & parts $300

Time estimates: several days to several months

Having just finished installing my tailwheel and cabin gussets (where the main gear legs would be attached in a tri grea) I can say that it would be a piece of cake to convert a -9 back and forth as far as the fuselage mod is concerned. The engine mount maybe another issue.