Status
Not open for further replies.

delusional

Well Known Member
I'm trimming the HS and VS tip fairings and can't find any guidance regarding the appropriate clearance between the control surfaces and other surfaces such as the fairings.

Guesstimating based on photos of production aircraft I was thinking 1/8 to 1/4 roughly, but I was not able to locate anything in 43.13 or the manual and I wonder if there is a source for such guidance.

Same boat. Went to install my rudder the other day for the final time and wouldn't you know it, the fairing hit (guess I had never had them on the plane simultaneously before). Trimmed a bunch off the fairing, clearance is now ~1/8". Also wondering if this is sufficient. Should be fine unless something gets caught in there (ice)?

Control Surface Clearances

1/8" to maybe 3/16" is more than enough. AS long as they can't touch and bind under any temperature conditions, it's enough....

I'm trimming the HS and VS tip fairings and can't find any guidance regarding the appropriate clearance between the control surfaces and other surfaces such as the fairings.

Guesstimating based on photos of production aircraft I was thinking 1/8 to 1/4 roughly, but I was not able to locate anything in 43.13 or the manual and I wonder if there is a source for such guidance.

Distance

Hey Guys
On drawing #4 they show 3/32 between elevator trim tab. Drawing #9 1/4" between aileron and flaps and 1/4" between flaps and fuse. Drawing #3 min 1/8" between elevator counter balance arm. I scaled off of drawing #17 which is 1/4" scale and the distance shown between the rudder and VS is 5/16. So I would say you guys are in the ballpark. Hope this was of some assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.