Sven

Hello all,
I flew in an RV6 a while ago and was surprised at how into the crotch the stick was. Is this true of all the RVs? Can the control sticks be modified to give a bit more room?

Also, I very much want to get an up close look at an RV 4 in the S. Florida area. It is the model I'm most interested in but I have some questions and I would love to talk to an RV4 pilot.

I'm in Coral Springs/Boca area but am happy to go anywhere to see one and hopefully sit in one.

Thanks, love this community.

The RV-8 Guys bend their sticks so they sit closer to the body so Im sure in the -4 you can bend it away from you.

Search for RV-8 Stick bending, you will find all the info you are looking for

-david

The seat back bottom is adjustable (in the 6) to three different places. Since the stick is in a fixed location, at the forward seat back position there will be less room. I don't know how tall you are, but if "vertically challenged" and if the seat was forward accordingly, that may be contributing to the issue for you. There are various other adjustments that can be made (i.e. move the rudder pedals rearward) that might be possibilities without restricting space to the stick.

I can't speak for the 4.

control stick

I am currently building a -4, and I live in Mulberry, florida. I find the stick position to be quite comfortable, however you are welcome to come and sit in mine and see for yourself.

I'm building a Harmon Rocket, which you know is based on the RV-4. I am 6'1" tall and with the seatback moved aft to accommodate my height the stick was far too forward for my taste. I made a completely new torque tube weldment and moved the forward rod-end pivot to aft of the spar; resulting in moving the stick aft 4". In other words, one can place the stick pretty much anywhere they want to with a little work. My guess is that if you are on the shorter side and have the seatback moved forward the standard stick position may be how you like it.