jimbo

Well Known Member
Patron
Not knowing how the stick position fits best when sitting in the cockpit, should the stick be vertical fore and aftwise when the plane is horizontal (longerons horizontal) and the elevators are in trail? I am adjusting the smaller of the two pushrods (the one the goes in the tunnel). Seems like it should but I am running out of adjustment thread.

Thanks,

Jim
RV9A fuse
Just fit the hor stab & elev on the fuse

There is one dwg that shows the side view with everything rigged. It shows that the stick has some fwd tilt to it when the elevator is neutral. Many have tried to run it vertical but come up short on the small pushrod or they try to make the pushrod longer and then have problems getting it into the tunnel.

I adjusted mine so that everything just clears (aileron pushrods, weldment, ribs, ect) when the stick is at its absolute maximum fwd position. This gives me room for my fat belly and my Crow camlocks without the stick rubbing the camlock at full up.

Adjust to YOUR taste.

Brian has it right. Set up your "down" elevator stop and adjust the stick to be as far forward as possible without hitting. If you don't have a "round" belly like most of us, you may be happy with some other method!