vinodwahi

Hi fellows,

I am really wondering how I can fix mount my wooden grips to my control sticks.... I was thinking about glueing. However, in that case I would not be able to dismount them at all without breaking...
cat-med_custom-stick.jpg

Further, is there anything to be said against of shortening the control stick? Such as control arm, etc?

We have just sent off the documents to the authorities....
Waiting for the approval, so we can lift her off in the next weeks...
After 8 years....

Cheers
Sunit:):)

How about bonding a short length of tube inside the stick grip .. then you can insert that tube in the main stick .. if the short tube had a nut bonded to the inside wall .. then you could put a screw in just under the handle ... that may secure it better than just taping in the wood .... Just a thought ... Cutting down the stick to ensure you do not hit anything is "normal" ... I just had the same issue ...

Good points, but does a set screw in the grip really hold on the long run without drilling the stick itself?

And talking about altering the stick... Vans says it is not recommended if nothing is disturbing the whole movement.... However, it is really quite uncomfortable....?

I have the same wooden grips and the fit was nug as I recall. I placed a small filet of silicon caulk around the base to fix them to the metal stick tube. If I ever want to remove them I can cut the filet away with a sharp knife to loosen the adhesive.

Jim
Rv9a

I had the same question when attaching the grips to my kitfox control sticks. I talked to a friend at the bicycle shop, and he told me that they use ladies hair spray when putting grips on the handle bars. I did this on the kitfox and it worked fine. Might give it a try.
Mark Donahue
RV 9A, getting close

You need to cut about 2" off the sticks if you are using the wooden grips. They probably are about right for a slip on. I drilled a hole through the stick and grip and threaded a standard black brass panel screw to the stick. Great for over 500 hours so far and easy to remove when needed.

Drill hole through handle into stick suitable for the size machine screw you are going to use as a fastener. Flathead 6/32 would be good. Drill wood for shank of screw and countersink. Tap the tubing on the stick. Use removable locktite on threads of screw. Result will be secure and removable.