vansrv8

Well Known Member
If your like me, I hate slop in a control system, even a miniscule amount :mad: With the current set up of a bushing in the control stick assembly, there is no way to get rid of that slop. What makes it even more un - palatable is that bearings are used at every other junction that has movement !

Putting out feelers if anyone has redesigned the control stick to use KP4 or KP6 bearings as the pivot point as used in other planes that I have built (DR107, Pitts).

It looks as though 2 KP4's in a sleeve with the control stick welded on top and bottom of this bearing holder with finger welded reinforcement should do the trick . Slop be gone!

Cheers!

Yes, I modified the stick(s) and made bushings and refabricated the torque tube. I made a new torque tube from scratch moving the forward rod-end pivot from forward of the spar to aft of the spar; allowing the forward stick to be moved aft 4". In so doing, the bolt holes used to pivot the stick were made at .750" with plugs welded in. This made the side contact area to the stick bushings parallel; the stock set-up has these contact surfaces non-paralell which is not good for achieving a tight system. I then reamed the stick pivot hole out and shortened each side to make room for a flanged bushing. I made 2 flanged bushings such that their inside length is a few thousandths more than the length of the pivot; this way I can tighten the pivot bolt and the stick maintains its motion. The whole set-up works very well but was a lot of work. I'd do it again.