rv9a65kw

I'm New Here
I would like to know if anyone has designed a control system for airlons and elevator on a RV9A. I am interested in a system that will lock the control stick.

Thanks

Ken Wise

I use a length of hardened wire bent into a "V" configuration. The apex of the V is radiused to fit around the passenger stick and is "padded" with a short length of fuel line. The free ends are both bent 90 degrees to the leg for approximately 1/2 inch and again 90 degrees for another 1/2 inch so that the ends are parallel with the legs. Two holes have been drilled into the bottom edge of the instrument panel (the edge parallel with the floor) to receive the wire ends. The double bend locks the wire in place when the V is brought parallel with the floor. The apex is slipped around the back of the stick and the seat belt looped around the front and tightened. Works great, weighs just a couple of ounces, and doesn't take up much room. If you're looking to lock the controls for long term storage, I'd suggest you use clamps on the control surfaces themselves to eliminate loads on the bearings and pivots. However, this isn't really necessary for the occasional overnight trip.
Terry

Control Locks for RV9A

I did a similar lock as Terry, only instead of using wires, I used a solid piece of sheet metal, shaped in a triangle with an oversized hole drilled at one point of the triangle to fit over the passenger side control stick. I secure the sheet metal plate to the bottom side of the panel with a couple of wing nuts and use a mini bungi to secure the control stick to the hole in the plate. I've only used it once or twice but it seemed to work just fine (relatively calm weather as I recall). For the rudder, I use a "U" shaped rod, inverted to install into 2 holes drilled in the rudder turning bar (as I remember it) and the rudder stop. I got that idea from a thread on this web site.

Rick Luck
N109RV
Purchased flying