prkaye

Well Known Member
I've hooked-up my cabin heat control cable as shown in the plans. The plans show safety-wiring the sheath around the adel clamp on the firewall to prevent slipping. I can't get a safety wire around the sheath tight enough so that it does not slip. I mean the sheath slips back and forth through the adel clamp, and through the loop in the safety wire, as i push and pull the control knob.
Any other ideas on how to secure the sheath of the cabin heat control cable so it won't slip? I thought of proseal, but suspect that over time it would work loose and slip again.

thanks, yes I'll get some tighter clamps. Also occurred to me alst night that the problem with my safety wire may be that I'm using .041 dia. This is too fat to fit in between the corrugations on the control cable sheath. I'll try getting some smaller diameter safety wire as well and see if this grabs better.

DG-3

I had the exact same problem. Replace the clamp with a DG-3 sized Adel and now no problems. No safety wire needed. DG-3 is a 3/16" size.