petehowell

Well Known Member
Does anyone have the std Van's FWF Kit lengths of the throttle and mixture cables for the carb'd O-320 in the -9A handy? I am trying to figure out how long the cables will need to be for the Rotec TBI.

I pulled this off the Van's site:

1 CT BLK THROTTLE 44 6(ALL)/7(360)/9(320) actually 44.5
1 CT RED VMIXTURE 45 7(360)/9(320)

So I am assuming 44.5" Throttle and 45" mixture.

Also, if any one has swapped the carb for an Ellison or Rotec and has the changes they made, I+ would love see them.

Thank you!

Throttle cable on a 9

I have a throttle cable removed from a 9 that I believe came with the kit. I bought the kit and that cable came with it. It was installed by me onto a 0320 carb installation. The throttle ( knob) was centrally located in the panel. The 48inch length cable was maxed out as installed to the standard vans carb bracket . I ordered a 60 inch with intentions of moving the throttle ( knob) over to the left of the panel but never did. But did install the 60 inch cable back in the center position, It has excess under the panel but OK. Be careful on the reorder and get the correct end connection for both the housing attach and the carb throttle lever attach , They don't make that easy! By the way I have a 48inch Black Knob non vernier cable laying on the table. Used but OK if you want for $45 shipped. [email protected]

Does anyone have the std Van's FWF Kit lengths of the throttle and mixture cables for the carb'd O-320 in the -9A handy? I am trying to figure out how long the cables will need to be for the Rotec TBI.
Also, if any one has swapped the carb for an Ellison or Rotec and has the changes they made, I+ would love see them.

Thank you!

I would also be interested in this pete as I have a Rotec TBI. At the moment I'm about midway with the emp kit so there is no hurry. But we've got the QB wings and fuse together with the FF kit hopefully on it's way soon.

I would also be interested in any feed back you can pass on once you have it fitted.

[email protected]

BobnRob
Qld Australia

Last edited: