Mikey

I returned with Louise, Paul, and Bear to our current home in Texas yesterday after nine fabulous days out West (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=48831&highlight=heading+home+meet). On Friday, I flew from Newport, Oregon, to LOE with stops at Wells, Nevada, and St. Johns, Arizona. Louise and Paul tell me that I will probably live in Nevada in a few years and that sounds great to me! What spectacular flying country. :D

This was my fourth LOE and I sat proudly among the other, mostly much younger, RVs. I took one flight carrying a factory guy (Joe Blank). Ain't that cool? :cool:

The trip drew to an end with another nice event. I won the Reserve Grand Champion trophy for longest distance travelled.....Houston-to-Newport (OR)-to-Vernonia (OR)-to-LOE. I was a little bummed to hear that the Grand Champion drove instead of flying, but I guess we all have to do what we need to do to reach our community gathering.

Once home, Bear and I celebrated our championship! Out of my way, Valkyrie, I'm (once again) an award-winning airplane! :cool::D

IMG_3257.JPG

Considering the trophy is "my" color, I clearly deserved this trophy....don't you agree?​

Message from Alumatherapy

Hi Mikey!
Congrats on the distance award from Newport. I'm elated with the distance award from St Augustine.
I actually was parked a few rows up from you on the ramp. Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet - lots of activity going on! You are welcome to come visit me at KSGJ anytime.
Blue Skys,
-Alumatherapy

photoclip.jpg

Looking good!

Alumatherapy,
Congratulations on your award! Perhaps we'll meet next year!