Brantel

Well Known Member
I contacted my Senator even though he was not on the Senate Commerce Committee regarding user fees. At least someone from his office read my letter because I recieved a response.

Contact your senator's regardless and let them know what you think!

May 31, 2007

Dear Mr. Chesteen,

Thank you for contacting my office to share your thoughts about the Nelson/Sununu amendment to S.1300, the Aviation Investment and Modernization Act. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

The Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee considered this important legislation on May 16, 2007. During that session, Sen. Nelson and Sen. Sununu offered an amendment to remove the $25 per flight fee that applies to nearly all non-piston aircraft flying in controlled airspace. After much debate, the amendment failed 11-12.

I do not serve on the Senate Commerce Committee, but I look forward to reviewing the legislation should it come before the full Senate. It is extremely important that we work to modernize our air traffic control system and improve our aviation infrastructure, so our nation can continue to benefit from the most advanced system in the world.

Funding for these improvements must be done in a fair and equitable manner among all users of the system and I look forward to working with my colleagues on achieving this as S. 1300 moves forward.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me over the next six years.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker

United States Senator

Initials/ds