ron sterba

Well Known Member
I have a new Lycoming IO320 constant speed prop engine. Iam going to make the mod to fixed pitch. My question is as a experimental engine do I have to submit a 337 to the FAA?

Thanks Ron in Oregon

No!

337s are not required in any situation for an experimental amateur-built aircraft.

why does an A&P have to make the Log entry? Anyone can maintain and modify an EAB aircraft no A&P entry required. Am I wrong?

If he is not the Repairman then whoever is the Repairman or an A&P will have to sign off the condition inspection.

why does an A&P have to make the Log entry? Anyone can maintain and modify an EAB aircraft no A&P entry required. Am I wrong?

If he is not the Repairman then whoever is the Repairman or an A&P will have to sign off the condition inspection.

Correct, but if you want to present the engine as certified to get 25 hrs. it's the safest (less discussion...:)...) thing to do.

I did assume the plane is not yet flying.

Mel and Gill thanks for the clarification. It is a experimental engine. (NEW) just out of the box. My next question is the engine mfg plate required to have the C engraved after the serial# as is the certified engine?

Ron