BJohnson

Well Known Member
I need to connect my 16 awg battery bus feed line from the battery side of the contactor to the battery bus. How have others done this? Where do I get a ring terminal that can crimp to the 16 awg wire (or fusible link) that will fit around the stud from the contactor which is about 3/8 inches in diameter?

Or is there a better way?

Those are standard items, B and C has them I believe.

Also, Stein should have them.

If you check the local NAPA store, they probably have them, but not too sure if there is a difference in materials or quality that you need to worry about.

Perfect!

Thanks for the prompt replies. I don't know why I was thinking that they must not make them in that size for the smaller wire gauges. I need to get out more!

Thanks for the prompt replies. I don't know why I was thinking that they must not make them in that size for the smaller wire gauges. I need to get out more!

We try to keep large size/diameter ring terminals for wires all the way down to awg22...

Cheers,
Stein

Master kit

Stein, I bought your master kit a while back but these were not in the kit. While you can't predict all that might be needed, a few of these for varioius wire sizes for the battery contactor size lugs would be helpful. I did not need nearly as many of the 16 awg - 14 awg fastons and ring terminals so perhaps these can be substituted.

Last edited:
Shout out to Stein!

Came home from work today wishing I had gotten around to ordering the large ring terminals only to find the Stein had taken the initiative to ship some misc sizes to me without asking. Sure I got billed a small amount for shipping, but man, talk about timing! Now I don't have to spend my Friday running around the area hoping local/regional supplies were available!

Thanks!