aparchment

Well Known Member
Folks

I am about to accept a job offer in NYC and two of my major flying related concerns are how to keep the progress moving on my project and how to keep flying affordably. We are going to rent a condo for at least the first year, so space at home for the project will be limited. Are there any EAA chapters active in the Greenwich to Stamford areas? Are there any shared building spaces available?

The Connecticut area along Long Island Sound is pretty expensive due in part to crazy investment banker salaries, so where does the GA pilot of average means fly in this area? When I have flown into Westchester I have seen a healthy prop plane contingent, but it looks like a pretty expensive place to be based. What about the Sikorsky airport?

Does anyone have any good advice for keeping a build going in the interim living situation caused by a move?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Welcome to NYC

Antony,
Big Apple has its specifics. On this very forum there is a gentleman who built his 8 in Queens. Somebody is assembling fuse in Manhattan. I moved my project from Brooklyn to NJ. It's very difficult to find decent shop space for the duration of the project close to work. I work on UES and commute to my shop for about 70 minutes one way. A year ago I started looking around for an airport with hangars and Phase I possibilities and it looks like I moved nowhere as of now. Keep us posted about your progress. Good luck with the search.

Anyone else?

Thanks Vlad.

Does anyone else in this area have input, or am I really in Cirrus and TBM country, or non EAA country anyway ;-)