When I buildt my RV-4 with conical mounts, I ordered the Lord-mounts from vans and their conical bolt kit. I remember a claerance issue with a pushrod if the supplied washers are on.
The bolts semmend to be on the short side and the mounts themselves did not really fit either. A pair of mounts would touch at the tip before there was any contact to the engine.
They had steel tube-inserts that you could not sqeeze out of the way. So I returned the Lord mounts to vans. I called my engine supplier and got different mounts that were considerably smaller and pure rubber.
Istallation was no problem and they worked fine ever since. There was almost no sag and I like how the engine holds on during acro. Even vibration
was not too bad compared to other dynafocal RVs.
After 250 hours it is time the change the mounts since the bottom ones developed cracks. I keep reading those threads that tell you the lord mounts do a much better job and are the way to go. It looks like I want the J-1552 mounts that are available from ACS.
However, I am still wondering if I can make them fit. Maybe I got the wrong parts back then but I doubt it since vans has been selling them forever.
Does anyone have a picture of the conical lord mounts installed on a RV-4?
Looks like I am totally missing something here.

PS: My engine needs to be 3/8 away (average) from the Motor-mount to make the cowl fit.

Thank you very much

Thomas
http://www.rv-4.de

Thomas, the vans supplied mounts turn up in quite a few of my firewall forward section of my blog pictures. Here is one.

I am not quite sure what you want, but I hope that helps. I dont think I had more than normal difficulty getting the engine on.

PS Double click pictures in the blog to enlarge.