captdave

I'm New Here
Patron
I bought an old O-320 Lycoming and when I went to bolt up to the conical engine mount a clearance issue became evident.
I'm pretty sure this is an old motor as there is no suffix on the data plate and I believe it to be off a Supercub or a Tripacer.
The intake pipes prevent the bottom mounts from bolting up tight on my RV6A. HELP!

I bought an old O-320 Lycoming and when I went to bolt up to the conical engine mount a clearance issue became evident.
I'm pretty sure this is an old motor as there is no suffix on the data plate and I believe it to be off a Supercub or a Tripacer.
The intake pipes prevent the bottom mounts from bolting up tight on my RV6A. HELP!
I have an O-320 B2B conical mount on my RV-6 for the past soon to be 27 years and over 3,600 flight hours.

I need to see some photos of what the issue is. The B2B has the updraft carb as far aft on the oil sump as Lycoming can put it. My oil sump will NOT work on the 6A without changing out the oil sump for one that has the updraft carb more toward the middle or front of the oil sump.