Greg Arehart

Well Known Member
Following on to the bit of news on the front page from Flyboy Accessories, I've been using the new Condor fork and larger pneumatic wheel for a while now. Very solidly built, tracks well (no vibration issues), so far wears well, and helps smooth the transition over the HUGE expansion cracks we have at RTS. It also makes driving on non-paved areas much nicer and less worrisome than the smaller "normal" wheel. No speed penalty as far as I can tell. It's a drop-in (well, a push-up) for the standard fork, no other bits needed.

Very happy with the new setup.

Greg

Following on to the bit of news on the front page from Flyboy Accessories, I've been using the new Condor fork and larger pneumatic wheel for a while now. Very solidly built, tracks well (no vibration issues), so far wears well, and helps smooth the transition over the HUGE expansion cracks we have at RTS. It also makes driving on non-paved areas much nicer and less worrisome than the smaller "normal" wheel. No speed penalty as far as I can tell. It's a drop-in (well, a push-up) for the standard fork, no other bits needed.

Very happy with the new setup.

Greg

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

I miss that place. :(

Condor?

Color me stupid, but I cannot find anything on that website that says "Condor". What am I missing?
I am looking for a better fork than came with my kit?.

Color me stupid, but I cannot find anything on that website that says "Condor". What am I missing?
I am looking for a better fork than came with my kit….

In the immortal words of Mr. Taggart*, "Ditto". Couldn't find anything there, either.

*cf. Blazing Saddles

ETA Never mind :). I see it's for tailwheels (I thought perhaps the "RV-9B" tagline meant it was originally an RV-9A :) )

Last edited:
Check the VAF main page (yesterday's probably by the time you see this).
The Condor is a 7.5" wheel fork in beta.

Sorry for the confusion. The Condor fork isn't listed on the web store yet because we don't have them available in large quantities... because they're relatively new. Greg has been doing the beta testing so far.

We're happy to take orders at this point as long as customers understand that since there aren't thousands of accumulated hours of experience on these yet, you're technically still part of the testing!

The fork price will be $215, same as the others. Right now, Matco is the source for the tire/hub. The tire/hub price should be around $125-150-ish, depending on shipping. We're working on getting everything together in one tidy package, if the demand warrants it.

Greg reports that the pneumatic Kenda tire wears well, but certainly won't last nearly as long as the solid tires. And there's a potential to have a flat tire too! But if your runway is rough or you simply need a bigger tailwheel tire, maybe this is what you need.

Interested persons can contact me at [email protected] or contact us through the links/numbers on the website.

Thanks!