like my dad said

"i d rather die doing what i love than be afraid to die from doing it."GGW
rest in peace MR. HAMM

FLY THE PLANE

Well there is probably the ultimate example to all of us.

My deepest respect and condolances to the family

Frank

I told him and his brother who has an RV in the same hangar that we should get all the Riverside RV's and the HR-2 together for a picture some day. Geez

I've often told my wife I'd like to die in an aircraft, at least then she'd know I'd go with some silly grin on my face. I'd consider myself lucky to go exactly like that. It sobered me to read the news report, and I didn't even know the man. :( My condolances and respects also.

time

Ladies and Gentleman..... The time we spend above this mighty earth on our man made wings has been graciously deducted from our time with our feet planted firmly on the ground...(St Peter posted that memo Thursday.) Our sincere condolances go out to Mr Hamm and his family and friends. We all know that he was able to take the RV-4 to Heaven and an angel graciously returned it to earth for us. May we all be so lucky as to pass away quietly and with a sense of peace and calm. It is not what we take with us but what we leave on earth which marks our lives. It is not a matter of how much money or gifts we give... but the time we spend with others.... helping and passing down our knowledge and our caring. May we all take a piece of his life and his efforts and remember it always.... and attempt to pass on his caring in the way he has.
Brian Wallis