lbgjb

I was told that date to due condition inspection is the exact date + 12 months to due next inspection, NOT that it is good to the last of the month as it is with certified planes. I can't find the FAR that says when condition inspections are due other than every 12 months. Is it the exact day of the month or the end of the month. thanks. lbb

I was told that date to due condition inspection is the exact date + 12 months to due next inspection, NOT that it is good to the last of the month as it is with certified planes. I can't find the FAR that says when condition inspections are due other than every 12 months. Is it the exact day of the month or the end of the month. thanks. lbb

Not true, at least in my case: it says "calendar months" in the operating limitations.

A generic version of the operating limitations can be found at the link below; go to #22:
http://www.faa-aircraft-certification.com/amateur-built-operating-limitations.html

Paragraph 22 of operating limitations:

"......within the preceding 12 calendar months."

Lets say if your previous Annual condition inspection was on 6/15/10 you are ok and legal to fly until 6/30/11.