pmccoy

Well Known Member
Hi All.... it's been several years since I posted on VAF. I have been busy with things in life other then flying my RV9A. I know that's a shame, and I am looking to get back in the air. With that said I have a couple of questions for our local experts.....

#1 - Timing on condition inspections.
My 2023 inspection found a defect in my old Engine Management computer system (Eagle EMS). I have since replaced that with eMag's and a Precision Silver Hawk EX fuel injection system. This replacement/repair took me over a year to complete. Thus my 2023 annual condition inspection was never completed. I am now just about ready to fly the plane again. Can I certify that I have completed a new inspection with a current date, and be good for the next 12 months? I have NOT flown the aircraft since my last annual expired back in 2023, but the time lapse is about a year and a half.

#2 - Do I have to contact my local FSDO with the changes made to the mag's and fuel injection system, or can I just sign off that the plane is ready to fly again?

Thanks for any info
Peter McCoy
Wanting to fly again...
RV9A... 565 hours.