gvgoff99

Well Known Member
I have a Garmin 430, GTX 330, GRT EFIS Series I (one screen with an EIS 4000) and Tru-Trak Pictorial Pilot. I went with the Approach Systems wiring so I think the wiring is OK. What is a bear to me is configuring all of these computers (AKA radios) to talk to one another.
Does anyone have this setup? Any advice? Know anyone in the Houston area or within 80 KM (my practice radius) of Houston SW airport that has expertise in configuring this stuff? I have made a number of tries but there are a LOT of combinations :eek: and I would like to see it all work. :)

Thanks, George

PS: The plane flies great!

Hullo George....

Well, I've got a 430, 327, Dual-Screen EFIS, and Pictorial Pilot....and I'm in the Clear Lake Area...without an airplane for another couple weeks. If the plane were here, we could park them side by side and duplicate the configs, but at least I have notes (chickenscratches...) that could get the job done. When do you want to get together!?

Paul

Getting together

Paul, YES!!! Thanks for the reply. How does next Wednesday (7 June) sound? I have to take my wife to Hobby early in the AM. Any time after that is good. I'll send you a private post with my contact info. Thanks, George

It'll have to be in the evening if it is a week day (trying to get the Shuttle flying again, and we're down to a month from the target date!), and next Wednesday evening would be fine - or the weekend if you like!

Glad to try and help...

Paul

Tremendous

Paul, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time this afternoon to take a long look at my radios and setting them up to communicate with each other. It was a pleasure to see such expertise applied to the "Land of Black Boxes." You should be the National President of Mensa!

I want everyone to know that I worked on this computer/radio problem for 2.5 months. Paul fixed it in 2.5 hours. (Obviously Mensa is not knocking down my door) It may be easy for some to understand how to get a GTX 330, GNS 430, GRT EFIS & EIS and a Pictorial Pilot to talk to one another and display the information they are suppose to display. It was not for me and I suspect it is not easy for most. Paul Dye understood the problem and programmed each radio so that they work as a unified group.

It is really nice to have everything working. It is a bigger rush than getting the plane signed off.

PS: For those interested I used the Approach Systems wiring which ended up taking about 3 hours to wire the entire stack. Approach Systems did their job perfectly. I highly recommend them for speed, accuracy and customer service. It took Paul to make the Boxes talk to each other through all those wires.

Picture of Paul after "Mission Complete":

And during the "Mission":

Last edited:
My Pleasure!

Great to meet you George, and very happy I could be of service. My ex-wife always said that I thought too much like a computer....I guess sometimes that's an asset!

Paul