blueflyer

Well Known Member
I have the below model compression tester. As you can see, I have to rotate the entire red hose apparatus in order to screw in the compression tester hose to the cylinder. I want to put a small threaded swivel on the end of the red hose, so I can just tighten the swivel. Anyone know where I can get one? I know ACS sells the "rod type" connectors, but I don't want that if I can find a swivel.

I have the below model compression tester. As you can see, I have to rotate the entire red hose apparatus in order to screw in the compression tester hose to the cylinder. I want to put a small threaded swivel on the end of the red hose, so I can just tighten the swivel. Anyone know where I can get one? I know ACS sells the "rod type" connectors, but I don't want that if I can find a swivel.

I removed the connector that screws into the cylinder from the hose and inserted another quick disconnect on mine. I install the connector into the cylinder spark plug hole then use the quick disconnect to connect the hose / compression tester. I tried to remove the quick disconnect from the gauge where the hose attaches but it was taking a lot of force and was afraid that I was going to break something so just added another quick disconnect connector.

Aviation Dept. at Harbor Freight

Has all of the fittings you will need to add the quick disconnect.

Ron

Here is the best solution. Makes quick work without the frustration of fighting a hose or threading a fitting between the cylinder fins and baffles. It should be a mandatory item in any shop. In fact if you visit your nearest A&P shop I guarantee that one can be found there:

18MM-XT.jpg

That's the "rod-type" that the original poster didn't want. It wouldn't work well on my engine either as the baffles would be in the way. I can *just* get a spark plug socket and wrench on my plugs, there wouldn't be room for the rod on mine either.

That's the "rod-type" that the original poster didn't want. It wouldn't work well on my engine either as the baffles would be in the way. I can *just* get a spark plug socket and wrench on my plugs, there wouldn't be room for the rod on mine either.

Should not be a problem in the lower plug holes......

Rigidly attached hose

works well enough as a "handle" to tighten the fitting into the spark plug hole, which is nice since you can't fit a crescent wrench in there onto the flats. I get enough leverage twisting that hose to seat the O-ring on the test fitting and get the job done. QD fitting inserted there would mitigate this advantage - but allow a deep-well socket to slip over the end - so almost a wash IMO.

I put a quick disconnect between the end of the jug connector and the red hose. Thanks again.