aadamson

Well Known Member
Happy New Year all.

I just figured all you "metal heads" would like to see a picture of as much metal as hopefully I'll have to do.... And even this was cheating.

The baffling kit for my Lancair was all prepunched, pre-bent, sorta pre-drilled. But I've had to fit quite a bunch of it. In fact, even in this picture I found something that I need to go back and fix...

Ah, well, I'm not sure which I despise most - body work or metal work :)...

Here's hoping all your resolutions come true. I only have one - to finish my Legacy!

DSCN1751_edited_1.sized.jpg

Oh, and if you're curious, here's the business end of the "fire breathing dragon" thats going in my Legacy (a 370HP, IO-550) :)

DSCN1746_edited_1.sized.jpg

Just trying to get my Vertical, rudder, aileron and HS tips to look good has been a nightmare. If you can do composite you probably can do metal!

Sweet

Really nice......! You know, with that pretty blue case, have you considered having the baffles anodized a light blue?

Very nice,

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the Baffling. I'm working on paint designs now as well. Airplane will be mostly white with probably a blue and silver stripe. At the moment, leaning towards white powder coating on the baffling, the rubber seal strip is also blue.... :)

Nice engine

With an engine that nice looking, they should have crated it in teak! :)

That is just beautiful Alan!! Very nice, and I wish you all the best with your, uh, metal work ahead of you... :rolleyes: :D

Gosh Alan you are gonna have to make your cowl out of plexiglas to show that engine off./

Where is the engine from? Looks like one I saw doing breakin on a Legacy RG at POC the other day. A performance Engines build perhaps? (Just guessing here)