McFly

Well Known Member
When my wife and I got married ten years ago, she thought every plane was either a ?Cessna? or a ?747?.

Yesterday she was looking thorough a freshly delivered fashion magazine (Vogue?) when she asked ?Is this a Spartan Exec??.

It was a picture of a mostly naked model standing on the leading edge of the wing and leaning against the boot cowl of a polished Spartan Executive. The picture framed very little of the plane and no complete part was framed.

It?s one thing to recognize an RV (there?s one in the garage) but a Spartan, how cool is that?

Shucks, I'm awfully proud of my wife, and she can spot quite a few, and can tell others by the sound when they fly over...but I doubt very seriously if she could spot a Spartan Exec!!! Now I have to find a picture and see...I'll let you know!

Jeff
Suffering wife envy...

perhaps not as impressive but . . .

This may not be as impressive, but when my wife and I were in New Mexico for a wedding one year (prior to the Gulf War), we took a driving tour that just happened to take us by Holloman AFB :) As we approached the base she looked up and said, "there's an F117." My response was something like "sure there is." However, she was right! The poor woman has obviously suffered through too many Wings Channel presentations. She can also identify all of the major aircraft of WWII. Not bad for someone who has zero interest in aviation.

Antony