larrynew

Well Known Member
Tomorrow, our EAA Chapter will be assembling 2 practice tool box kits (donated by Van's, THANKS VAN'S!) in a side by side judged competition with the winning team getting lunch at the local catfish restaurant.

It's been over a year since I built mine and I want to make sure I bring enough tools without bringing everything I have. What would be the minimum list of tools (2 of each) to complete the practice tool box kit? Anything I've forgotten?

I've got:
Drills with bits
Deburr tools
Manual squeezers with dies
Cleco's with pliers
Snips
Emory Cloth
Files
Pliers to bend wire handle
Do I need rivet guns or will manual squeezers get all the rivets?

Thanks,

It's been a while...

-Squeezer wont get all the rivets. I used rivet gun and back rivet plate on some.
-Hacksaw to cut wire handle

I just finished my tool box. The four flush rivets on the bottom of each side cannot be reached by a squeezer. There is also the handle on the top that requires two rivets on each of the brackets, this also requires a gun or C-frame.

-Bring a couple clamps as well.
-A Small ruler will help get the handle placed properly in the middle.
-The hindge part can be tricky and it is not explained well.

Last edited:
I just finished my tool box. The four flush rivets on the bottom of each side cannot be reached by a squeezer. There is also the handle on the top that requires two rivets on each of the brackets, this also requires a gun or C-frame.
QUOTE]

I believe these four rivets can be reached with a squeezer that has a 4" yoke. If you only have a 3" yoke you will have to drive them.