avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Hi all-

Trying to think about things I could get dinged on in my upcoming airworthiness inspection. I have heard that some DARS will NOT accept the tape in the DYNON as satisfying the requirement for VFR night so I am planning on getting the Wal-Mart suction cup compass special! With this in mind, to be on the safe side, I would like to have a compass correction card. If anyone has one say in EXCEL format that they could e-mail I would really appreciate it ([email protected]). For those of you that have your pink slip, where did you mount the correction card?

Was also wondering, is it required to label the panel "on" and "off" for switches? Mine follow the standard protocol of "on" in the up position.

Thanks everybody.

Peter K
9A

I labeled everything.......

I possibly could. On, off, pull on (carb heat), etc. For the places that I ran out of labels included in the EAA kit, I bought a cheap Dymo embossed label maker. Interestly enough, I hadn't installed the compass deviation card that came with mine as there is no compass rose at my home base. I figured after I had the chance to fly it to one, I'd install it at that time. My DAR never mentioned it not being there nor did he ask if I even had one. That's not to say that yours won't require it.