NYTOM

Well Known Member
Anybody know if the footprint on any of the Aeroleds wingtip lights will match the whelens close enough so no alterations are necessary to the wingtip mounting surface? I'm starting to fall in love with those things. :)

Here are the mounting dimensions of a Whelen A600:
whelen_a600.jpg

Here are the mounting dimensions of the Pulsar EXP:
pulsar_exp.jpg

Here are the mounting dimensions of the Pulsar:
pulsar.jpg

The mounting holes dimensions are the same. The outside dimensions of the bodies along the sides of the lights are very similar, but not exactly the same.

Just as the Pulsar EXP and Pulsar match the footprint of the A600, the Pulsar NS series match the footprint of the A650.

Here is the Whelen A650 footprint:
whelen_a650.jpg

Here is the Pulsar NS series footprint:
pulsar_nsp.jpg

Dean Wilkinson
CTO, AeroLEDs LLC

Last edited:
Fantastic!

That was easier than I thought! :D Pulsar NS it is. Dean thank you for the info. :) Looking forward to seeing them up close and in action next week at OSH. Got any show specials planned?:rolleyes:

That was easier than I thought! :D Pulsar NS it is. Dean thank you for the info. :) Looking forward to seeing them up close and in action next week at OSH. Got any show specials planned?:rolleyes:

Your best bet for the Pulsar NS lights is to check with Van's and Wicks as both of them should have stock at the show and may have show specials. Stein also carries our products, so you can check with him to see if he has any specials as well. We also distribute through Spruce and Lockwood and they will be there too. We can demo all of our products at our booth, but most of our sales are handled by our resellers now.

At our booth, our only specials are the Sunlites that we are clearing out for $149, and a special on the Sunspot 36 HX and LX lights ($395 HX, $295 LX). We have notified our resellers about the Sunspot 36 show special, so I expect they will match these prices. We won a gear of the year award from Aviation Consumer magazine for the Sunspot 36HX in the July 2011 issue.

We are also introducing our Sunbeacon which is a 360 strobe/beacon product family that mounts on the top and bottom of the fuselage. There are currently two versions, the Sunbeacon S/B and the Sunbeacon B.

The Sunbeacon S/B is a white 400+ ECP white strobe with an unclassed red beacon mode which alternates between white strobe and red beacon flashes in a single unit, and both modes can be powered independently.

The Sunbeacon B is a red 150+ ECP red beacon.

The Sunbeacon can be synchronized to other AeroLEDs strobes. The white strobe flashes in phase with other strobes, and the red beacon blinks out of phase with the other strobes (so the red and white happen at different times).

We only have a few Sunbeacons ready for Oshkosh, but will be taking deposits for the larger production run that we have planned for August/September.

Dean Wilkinson
CTO, AeroLEDs LLC

Just go buy a set! I did and they REALLY look nice. Mine replaced a set of Aeroflashes, and our most recent RV-9 we finished also has a full set of AeroLED's all the way around; they can't be beat.

Keep in mind that AeroLED are the only NAV lights we sell. I have tried most of the others out there and as most people know, we only will represent products and companies which we believe are the best out there. That doesn't always mean the cheapest, but the best. In the case of lights, this is one of the few American Companies run by Americans that are all airplane guys and also really do a great job supporting their customers. Yes this is a blatant plug, but it's a well deserved plug.

Incidentally (and completely conicidental thanks to EAA messing up a bunch of people's booth spaces) we are literally next to the AeroLED guys this year. Stop by and play with the lights and new EFISes at the same time! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Thanks for the kind words Stein!

Let's hope that Oshkosh doesn't have the kind of weather that visited Sun n Fun this year. If Sean Casey shows up in TIV II, or Reed Timmer shows up in his Dominator, I'm getting my butt out of there! :D

Dean Wilkinson
CTO, AeroLEDs LLC