Skyhook

Well Known Member
Folks, I just returned from four days at Osh and one of the most frequently remarked upon parts of the airshows were the RV formation flights.

I overheard numerous remarks from folks in the Hospitality Tent and throughout the grounds about the excellent flying exhibited by those RVers representing us all as they flew formations of a LOT of acft in a coordinated, professional display.

To those who did the flying-- You are to be congratulated one and all for a terrific show, you done us all proud.

Thank you,

Jim

I'll second that...

Yes, the formation flights performed at EAA Airventure by the RV'rs was most impressive. Also, the RV arrival was exceptional as well.

ME TOO ! ! !

I heard nothing but positive comments about the formation, and I was very impressed. Maybe someday we can get a group of RV-12 drivers, at a slower speed, to do the same !

John Bender

I get goose bumps just thinking about what a tight, well formed, precision formation the RVer's performed. You guys and gals did us all proud.

Well Done!

Thanks.

I would like to say job well done and thanks. I was in the Vans tent talking with Van himself when he said he had to excuse himself...he ducked out the side and then came back in 3 minutes later. He said with a smile...I had to see the RV formation go by. Cool..he had a smile.

For all the folks that think RVers or pilots are hot shots...seeing that kind of skill, training and quality airmanship is great. You guys and (one gal i met) are excellent ambassadors of our hobby. Hats off, job well done.

Thank you!

Thank you for the complementary comments. It makes the hours of practice and gallons of avgas very worthwhile. It is an honor to fly with such a professional group of men and to represent Van and all the RV builders and pilots. I only wish that someday we create a subgroup of serious female formation pilots. It would be fun to have some more estrogen power up there. :D

Trish
SchoolMom

Thank you for the complementary comments. It makes the hours of practice and gallons of avgas very worthwhile. It is an honor to fly with such a professional group of men and to represent Van and all the RV builders and pilots. I only wish that someday we create a subgroup of serious female formation pilots. It would be fun to have some more estrogen power up there. :D

Trish
SchoolMom

What happened to Em?

On two separate occasions I was talking with someone claiming to be an ex-military pilot and they both commented on the incredible precision of the RV formations. The second guy even said "I wish the T-28 drivers looked so good." Great job everyone!