guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
Guys: I plan on being in Ft Worth 6 Jul for a couple of three days. Looking for the right airport to use on the West side of town. I'm thinking Hicks, but would appreciate any advice on something better. Dan

Fort Worth

There's not much else on the the north/west side of Fort Worth. A little further out of town is Parker County (KWEA). There's a grass strip in Azle called Flying Oaks but from a couple landings I've made there, it is pretty rough on an RV. You always have the option of Meacham (KFTW) but I'm not sure what kind of ramp fees you may get stuck with there.

Depends

It depends on what you want to do and where you want to go. On the North Side, there's Hicks and Northwest Regional. Just to the North of downtown, there's Meacham (KFTW). To the South there's Spinks (KFWS) and Sycamore (9F9) (Sycamore's a little rough and narrow), and as you go East, there's Arlington (KGKY), Grand Prairie (KGPM), and Dallas Executive (Redbird). Generally, the ground traffic's better on the South side. Most of these airports, but not all, have full service like gas, rental cars, loan cars, maintenance, etc. If you want easy access to the entire metroplex, I'd use Arlington or Grand Prairie. If it's just Fort Worth, I'd go for Meacham or Spinks, or, if I needed to be on the North side, Hicks or NW Regional.

Guys: I plan on being in Ft Worth 6 Jul for a couple of three days. Looking for the right airport to use on the West side of town. I'm thinking Hicks, but would appreciate any advice on something better. Dan

I know of some hanger space available at Northwest Regional I could help arrange for you (small fee of like $10/day) if you're interested.

Rental cars can be a problem. Gas is available at Northwest Regional 52F and Hicks T67 but if you need a rental car then plan on Meacham. They may be available at Arlington too.