KayS

Well Known Member
Dear fellow builders,

i build a rv-7 and in the not so far future it will be time to throw some seats in. my original intention was to order the foams from van's and let classic aero finish the seats. i want to make longer flights with the plane. the problem is that my butt is a bit sensitive and starts to complain usually long before the bladder.

so can anyone give his experience which way to go here... what is the most comfortable seat version from classic aero?

thank you

Kay

Call Classic Aero, they can help you with this-------as I recall, they typically add foam to the seats already.

If needed, they will custom build seating to fit your needs. In fact, my rear seats are completely built by them, no factory stuff at all.

Very happy with my Classic seats.

The answer to this is not so much which seat or who made it, but what it's made out of. If you have seats with confor/temper foam, they will be great. Not having it is not fun! Pretty much the "big 3" seat people out there all make fantastic seats and I've used all of them. The RV7 has the high end aviator seats from Classic Aero and they are fantastic, my current RV6 has Sportsman seats from Classic Aero, my old RV6 had seats from Oregon Aero which were also top notch, and my Mullicoupe has custom made seats from Abby/Flightline - all of the aformentioned had good foam in them and that's what makes them "good".

My 2 cents as usual.

Cheers,
Stein

Go Oregon

Hi

My Rv9 has the Vans foam seats......... I need extra lumbar support and they start to feel a bit hard after a couple of hours. However, my RV4 has Oregon aero seats......... totally comfortable. They are expensive but a pleasue to sit on.

Just a plug from a happy CAD customer, I flew back from OSH this year, 11.2 flight hours in one day, pretty much all thanks to very comfortable seats! As mentioned before, you probably can't go wrong with any of the top 3.

Oregon Aero foam with Flightline upholstery on them. I flew a new RV-8 equipped with these for about 6 hours one day and was not sore at all. Well worth the money.

thank you for your responses. i called classic aero and they said that their aviator seats are the most comfortable. so i think that i will buy these.

the really most comfortable car seats ever, i did find (believe it or not) in my small two seat smart. they've been build truly for long range, just the car around them was not... maybe i find a way to fit them into the rv-7. :)

Kay